Monday, December 20, 2010

Prologue.



The year of 2010 is almost over. Christmas lights fill up the city of San Francisco and give the beautiful Californians a lack of tan but a deep and invigorating surplus of elegance. It has been three years now that I have learnt how to deal with the winter in this gorgeous, white city. It has been three years that I have given myself throughly not only to the American culture, but also to all the cultures that surround and influence the Americans in general. Throughout my life, I've realized I need to leave a mark in each place I end up having a certain intimacy with. San Francisco is different. This city has left its mark on me. I have intentions of leaving, yes, after all, I had always felt the urge to learn new cultures, but I will always come back. This city is my mother. It embraced me in so many ways and it's got everything I need. With that in mind, I started to blog. I have moved on from many things the last few years and time is going by quickly. My mind has become more aware and active. The film acting/writing/directing classes from my school started a year ago and not only I had started a networking experience with people that work with film, but I also learned something new about the film industry everyday. From my past, I have experienced a lot of theatre work, but it was the first time that I, a little girl watching good movies since I was eight years old, had finally entered the world of screenplays and green walls. For that, I studied and studied until I could analyze perfectly well Allen's work from the beginning of his career to the latest movies or how Lynch can make certain scenes seem so peaceful and rage-full with only a direct disconnection from the lenses and the camera.
My love for the movies had become more concrete, real and even demanding now and then. So demanding, in fact, that even knowing that I will always have this passion, I needed to go back to my roots, theatre. Now I am indeed returning to the hands of the theatre gods. I will be in the green room, the make up set, under the colorful lights, feeling my feet touching the wooden floor, heart racing, vomiting lines, shooting people looks and expressions. With much of that feeling I can't really explain inside of my chest, through my pores, entering my lungs and grounded on stage, I'll be doing what I love. While I'll dedicate myself entirely to this new experience with the Thrillpeddlers(check us out on http://thrillpeddlers.com/), I can't leave my other passion to rest completely, so I decided to write about the movies I'll be watching these next few months. I have done that before, but this is my first time writing in English, so I hope you all have a great time with my horrible grammar and my sometimes poor vocabulary. We'll see how things turn out to be. Many times, I have been frustrated about writing in English, so I do not promise I will always be correct. As I said before, I have been here for three years and I only wish my English would be perfect by now, but it isn't. At least not in my view, because I am a serious thread to people that speak my language(portuguese) incorrectly. In a way, I am paying for that, but I still need to improve my ability to learn the English language. Until then, I will write. So here it is, the great and glorious blog that will indeed help me not only to satisfy my urge to analyze movies and keep in touch with film work, but also help me achieve a wider vocabulary and truthful grammar(hopefully) in a language that takes my breath away. So hold on tight, my dears readers, it might be a bumpy little ride, but trust me, it will be worthy it. Ops! Worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment